Saturday, March 21, 2009
HI HO, I am back from Hongkong!
The advertisement about mai dong xi chi dong xi X2 is NOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOT accurate leh I feeel. Not only is the shopping ): Much like Singapore. Price ESP! EX EX EX. But of course certain things are slightly cheaper. But its very much like Singapore, except the food (more horrid), weather (more cooling, say like 21-24 degree celsius. Ok la hor?), surrounding lightings (We do not have bright neon banners and lights flashing across streets).


Allow me to bring you across my maiden journey to Hongkong(:

The ddbbs first time going somewhere other then Tekong and Singapore=D The both of us named it our pre-honeymooon, except that there will be many lightbulbs. HAHA!


And so, before we even step into HK, we started spending money liaos. breakfast for the 6 of us. Delifrance, Yakun blahblah... All at the departure hall. It taste like Singapore's foood.. Cos we are still in Singapore! HAHAH. Gett my joke get my joke?(:

Waiting at the holding room to board the plan! Camwhores and camwhores. 6 cameras flashing here flashing there. HAHA:D


Wait and wait airplane still haven ready):

His parents(: Nice nice people whom I had alot of fun with. Talk talk chat chat. Shopping, food. Thanks alot((:
Flew with Cathay (Lousy HK airline) HAHA, ate some nice breakfast on board(I ate breakfast 2 times!), watched High Sch Musical 3, slept halfway cause I ate anti motionsickness pills. Suffered from bad ear aches due to pressure. But the flight was good cos there was M by my side(:
And so after approx 3 and half hours we finally arrived at Hongkong! The airport of cos lose to our first in the world Changi airport la. But it was ok, cause at least there are Chinese and English words everywhere(: Actually, there is this misconception that we may have a communication breakdown with the Hongkies, but no la, they are rather advanced and educated now. So no worries!(:
We stayed in this hotel called the Royal Plaza, with a pretty nice lobby and rooms. More camwhores in the room(:




Rested for awhile then we had dinner at some Chinese restaurant. Shark's fin and Pekking duck(: But its not nice. HA HA HA.


Took a train and travelled around(: Quite a cool experience. They tracks are like train station tracks. Can see the rocks and whatever de. HAHA. But the trains move very fast!!(: We even took the first class cabin to see whats it like, HAHA for $0.50 HK more! Means $0.10 more for SG! HAHAHA.


And so we tried their bubble tea too! $2 SGH for sucha small cup!):


At night, it was free and easy! M and I went to this cafe next to the hotel and bought some western food, tabaoed back to our room. YUM. And it cost only $30plus SGH! For a pizza, salmon speg, ribs and chicken chop!(:


Later in the night, his parents brought back a Teriyaki chicken burger for us to share, a packet of chips and water. And Mr M finished the whole entire burger despite us having a feast eariler. Guys are just so lucky, they dun get fat. Ok this applies to guys like M la, sanpo!D=
Dim sum for breakfast! (3rd day) I must say Singapore's dimsum is so much nicer leh, somehow. the funny thing is, its tough to find chilli anywhere in Hongkong, and therefore I didnt really eat that much, cause the blandness for certain food make me super turn offf la please. But anw, yumcha with his parents, bro and gf(:


Me with tons of you chai(Oyster veggy) in my mouth. M copy me!!!!
And of cos we went to Hongkong Disneyland !!
Journey there with 2 cabs.


Must act cute! Cos its DISNEYLAND!!:D



Buy things buy things from this pushcart after the entrance, buy things buy things once we enter this Disney shop. And whoots, I realised I didnt pay for anything. LOL =X


Couple Stich shirt!(:

Mobile pianist(:

New Disney caps(:

Stich hairclip!! HAHA.
We travelled to town with this cute special Disney train. HAHA, by the way, we travelled on the disney line!(:

LO AND BEHOLD, we found something Singaporeans missed! SEAWEED SHAKER FRIES!! And so 4 of us pooled out money to get the seaweed seasoning. And generous Hongkies working at Macs allowed us to purchase the powder at $1 HK each which is $0.20 SG PER PACK!! GOSH, I bought 50 packets for M dude to satisfy his 'needs' for seaweed shaker fries. DO YOU LOVE ME MORE M???? HEEHEE.

10 packets of powder was bought at first before we bought somemore.

Lunch at Starbucks. Spent $60plus SG there. Seriously, who spends so much on Starbucks.

The teens dined at Ajisen for dinner, while the adults went to have some beef.


Tomato ramen with volcano sauce(: And tons of chilli powder!;D
In Hongkong, you can hagger with the stall holders at Lady's lane, Tsim Sha Shui and many more, and hence gives the ans why all of us manage to get so much loots(: Sometimes you hagger just for the fun of it even when you know its rather cheap already when you convert it to SG $

Goodies for mum's side grandma and relatives(:
Couple slipper from Tsim Sha Shui Night Market(:


My Nike bag! Its original of cos! Bought during a huge sale.

Loots from Disneyland. Most of the things are for meimei!:D

Loots from 4 days!(: HAPPPPPPPY DEES!:DDD
Bought 2 pairs of shoes from Hongkong. M's family seem to own 10 or more pairs of it. HAHA. Its like Nike or Adidas comparable in Hongkong. And it cost $899!!! In HK currency la. BUT DIVIDE BY 5 still ex right!!D;
The saddest thing of a holiday is to pack everything. HAHA. Lucky for me, I have a capable BF for me to bully!!(:

And so we woke up late today and cheong cab to the airport to catch out 910am flight. Ate popeyes for breakfast and did not have much time to do some last min shopping. AWWW sad. Anyhow we all had fun I am sure. Dead sure. Shopping is fun, but nth beats the love and bonds we all have for each other. Thank you uncle, auntie, M, Justin gorgor, Maple dasao for making this trip so extraordinary(:
I will remember this trip for the rest of my life(:
I hope we will have our honeymoon. In say 7-8 years time. This time round, a real one(: I love you Mervynee cutecute!:D Thanks for everything!!(:

And oh, I think Singapore is better(:
Written by; ♥cariann